Why Some Ex Jehovahs Witnesses Seem So Angry

Why can't some Jehovahs Witnesses just leave the organization quietly?  Why do some seem so angry and want to put their feelings and opinions into writing?  I, of course, can only speak for myself when I say that I could have just left quietly but I was hurt and I felt that I had not been told the whole Truth.  Maybe I was partly to blame.  I should have examined things more critically in the beginning.  I should have researched the answers I was given instead of taking another person's word for it.  But, I reasoned, they are such nice clean people and they have so many good points and know so much more about the Bible than I do.  Wrong.  I am an intelligent person and I owed it to myself and my family to check more deeply into others' claims.  Yes, they are nice and yes, they are clean and many are upstanding.  But, that in itself does not mean that they have an accurate interpretation on the Bible.  They have their opinions based on the information they read and their own experiences.  We all owe it to ourselves to understand what exactly Critical Thinking is first before we go and make life altering decisions.  At least that is my opinion.  So much emotion goes into picking a religion.  Part of the reason I was so accepting of the Jehovahs Witness claims is due to the fact that so many in our extended family ARE Jehovahs Witnesses.  We wanted to be included into family gatherings.  Especially with children on the way.  Most people I have talked to feel the same way.  But, now after having many of my illusions burst and several years later not only do I not have my extended family back.....some are even shunning me (and my children are a part of me).  This is sooo sad for so many and it just does not have to be this way.  Please know that if you are in a similar situation you can find a friend in me.  A listening ear and an open heart.  I know how it feels.  But, we are on the way to healing.  Know it or not.  And, you do not have to do it alone.

Sincerely,
JimmiK

No comments:

Post a Comment