Follow Your Heart

I am very curious where people are going after leaving the watchtower organization? I really wanted to go to a local christian church but my husband was really against any organized religion again. Very understandable. But, I was very looking forward to meeting new people and having my children meet new friends! I (we) really miss the gatherings and BBQ's etc. and the sunday services!! But, where do we go? Who has the answers?

I started watching christian programs on cable and I really liked a guy named Les Feldick. At first I did not know what to think of him. He is not a preacher per say. He is a rancher from the south who is very good at teaching the Bible from a christian perspective. He really helped me understand the new testament expecially. But, he taught the trinity and this was not something I was willing to accept and very upsetting to my husband. So, I stopped watching him and started looking around again. A year and a half later we still do not go to church. I started wondering about other religions outside of christianity. I stumbled on some information about Judiasm and why they do not accept Jesus as the Messiah. I had never wondered why because I thought I knew the answer. I had been taught from an early age why and I had accepted the "offical" answer and never questioned it.....until now.

I was very surprised by what I read. I had never heard anything like it before. It left me wanting to learn more about Judiasm. I find it very fascinating the differences between christianity and Judiasm. I did not really think it was going to be that much different except for the facts about Jesus. After all I reasoned, the old testament came from them. But, in Judiasm they do not call it nor consider it the old testament. It is the Hebrew Bible. The first five books make up the Torah. Still very relevant and still very important and studied and is the basis for everyday life in orthodox Judiasm.

It just goes to show that we cant assume we have all the answers and we cant stop searching because we think we know the whole truth already. That has proven to have devastating consequences. Please, keep searching, keep reading. The answers are there like hidden treasure and follow your heart and conscience even against seemingly all odds. Yes, I know it can be scary and lonely if family is against you but you will lead them by your example. Have an honest heart and it will not deceive you!

No comments:

Post a Comment