Captives

Many Jehovahs Witnesses are afraid to leave the organization because what if the faithful and discreet slave is correct? As a JW I often worried the same thing. That is until I started doing some research. Yes, I was afraid to use the internet and read "apostate" literature. Yes, I was afraid someone was looking over my shoulder and would turn me in......but I was determined once and for all to make a decision. I either had to cut the ties or go back to the organization. I had been inactive before, for 10 years. But, always too scared to look further into the org. itself I never really belonged anywhere. That is a very lonely place to be. I started by reading the Proclaimers book written by the watchtower organization. It has alot of information but I found that I could find more info. by looking up some of the terms I was unfamiliar with but that were not elaborated on. For example Beth Sarim. I had never heard that term before and being fourth generation JW I was surprised that I had never heard my family talk about it before either. The other resource I found very helpful was the book Captives of a Concept. It is written very well and helped a lot with my questions and my fears. I would encourage all that have questions about the "f&d slave" to read this publication. If interested you can find it here. Captives of a Concept (Anatomy of an Illusion)

No comments:

Post a Comment